Our trip to Chedworth Roman Villa
This week we have visited Chedworth Roman Villa to learn about life in Roman times. After our very interesting tour, we had a handling artefacts session where we got to sort and discuss things that had been found at the villa such as stones, bones, pottery pieces and shells. Then we had a workshop where we dressed up as Roman slaves! We ground herbs and spices to make Roman medicine sachets.
- Finn – My favourite part was seeing where the hot tub because it looked relaxing.
- Mary Rose – I liked when we were being slaves because we got to make medicine bags.
- Jack – My favourite part was looking at the Roman toilets because I learnt that they used sponges on sticks instead of toilet paper.
- Isabelle – I liked seeing the outdoor cold bath because it looked nice.
- Mitchell – The Romans ate snails, oysters and door mice.
- Xander – I learnt that they used the hypocaust system to create underfloor heating.
- Isabelle – They used vinegar to kill all of the germs off of the sponges.